I installed TypeIt, but it doesn’t seem to be working at all!
- Press and hold the right-hand Alt key; then, without releasing it, press F1.
- If it says “Welcome to TypeIt!”, TypeIt is running but you have not selected a keyboard. You just need to follow the instructions shown on screen.
- If nothing happens when you press right Alt + F1, then TypeIt is not running.
To run TypeIt, open the Start Menu and type “typeit”. When you see an entry for TypeIt, click on it:
- If you can't see TypeIt in your Start Menu, you have not installed it. You need to run the setup file in your Downloads folder (see below for help with that).
I’ve received an email with a download link. Now what?
- Open the email message and click on the download link to download the setup file.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
- There should now be a TypeIt icon on your desktop. Open it.
At any time TypeIt is running, you can press (right-hand) Alt + F1 to get help.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions.